Velocity Sports commenced in 2005 and is recognised and respected as a leading Australian sports management company.
Located across the road from the gabba in Brisbane, we offer a unique blend of skills and knowledge across various industries including and not limited to sport, law, government, media, marketing, education and finance.
We offer you professionalism, confidentiality and complete focus on your needs. We will guide your journey and help you plan your game on and off the field.
We are in the business of assisting our clients and partners to achieve outcomes. We will provide the platform, structure and support to enhance your capabilities quickly and efficiently.
Services offered by Velocity Sports include:
Event Management & Hospitality
Training & Education
Risky Business - risk management and drug and alcohol education program
Meet our Staff
Alastair Lynch - Director / General Manager
- 17 years and 306 games in the AFL with Fitzroy / Brisbane Bears/Lions
- Member Brisbane Lions premiership sides 2001-02-03
- Brisbane Lions co-captain 1997-2000
- All-Australian Selection
- Member Fitzroy Team of the Century
- Member Tasmanian Team of the Century
- Member Tasmanian Football Hall of Fame
- Media Commentator - Foxtel, Sunday Mail,Mercury, Triple
Peter Blucher - Director / Athlete Manager
- 30 years in Sports Media / PR industry
- Sports Journalist The Courier-Mail 1977-1989
- Media / PR Manager Brisbane Bullets 1989-1992
- Communications Manager Brisbane Bears/Lions 1992-2003
- Managing Director - Peter Blucher Communications - Sports Media Specialists - 2003-07
- Clients include AFL, AFL Queensland, Queensland Cricket, The Age.
- Athlete Management 2003-08
Murray Bird - Director / Business Development Manager
- Bachelor of Arts
- Masters Degree of Sports Management (1st class honours)
- Award for Academic Excellence 2001 & 2002
- 16 years in AFL Queensland system - from Development Manager to Participation Programs Manager, Umpiring Development Manager and Football Operations Manager
- Tutor/Lecturer in Sports Planning & Development, Sports Information, Sports Development Systems 2002-2005
- First Queenslander to umpire AFL football 43 AFL games, 177 AFLQ games, 4 grand finals
Brad Wood - Director
- Current Director of Astute Financial Management
Natalie Ireland - Marketing & Communications
- Bachelor of Communication, majoring in Mass Communication (University of Queensland)
- Andrew Ireland Sports Promotions Swans Reserves' reports for website 2004 - 2010
- Part-time media/public relations consultant to Womensport Queensland 2007-09
- Womensport Queensland volunteer 2010-12
Tim Batty - Athlete Manager (Queensland)
- Joined Velocity Sports November 2010 after 18 months in a Queensland-based athlete recruitment role with Mac Sports.
- Boasts a life-time football passion and extensive and varied football involvement in addition to a long-term employment background in sales.
- Son of AFLQ Talent Manager Bob Batty.
- Assistant-Coach Morningside U18 premiership side 2006.
- Co-Coach Morningside U18 premiership side 2007.
- Assistant-Coach Colts U16 Development Team (now Lions Academy)
- Assistant-Coach U16 South-East Bushrangers
- Played amateur football at St.Leo's in Melbourne before moving to Queensland in 2005 and has played some football with Coorparoo Kings in Brisbane.
Tim Hazell - Athlete Manager (Victoria)
- Former AFL player with Hawthorn and Adelaide
- Played five seasons with Port Melbourne and one with the Tassie Devils VFL Team of the year in 2004
- Runs ProSport Health & Fitness in Melbourne
- 10 years experience in the health and fitness industry with a Diploma in Fitness and a Degree in Rehab
- Regular on SEN radio 1116am discussing all things health, fitness & footy, works with Crocmedia and ABC radio covering the AFL as a boundary rider
Andrew Underwood - Athlete Services (South Australia)
- 20+ years experience in the Financial Services industry
- Master of Business Administration - MBA (Sports Management)
- Director of Your Financial Edge 1996 to current
- Special Justice sitting in the Adelaide Magistrates Court
- Senior Caller and AFL Coordinator of the National Indigenous Radio Service
- Essendon 1989 1990 (12 games 4 goals)
- Richmond 1991 (12 games 4 goals)
Adam North - Rugby Union
- Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Sports Management from Deakin University Melbourne
- Currently director of Hopkins River Beef Pty Ltd
- Spent time in both the ACT and Perth in various Brumbies/Force junior sides and academies
- Vast range of connections within both Super 15 and International rugby circles
Mark Bunting - Welfare Consultant (Rugby League)
- 16 years as Sportsmaster St Brendan's College, Yeppoon
- Member of the Institute of Sports Management
- Executive Officer of the QLD Independent Secondary Schools Rugby League Association
- Accredited Mortgage Broker
- Qualified Rugby League and Soccer referee
Kim Ingebrigtsen - Athlete Manager (Rugby League)
- Strong rugby league background a Redcliffe junior most of his life until he moved to play for the West Panthers in his senior years.
- Kim is from Norwegian bloodlines and his been selected to play for Norway.
- His father is a well known Brisbane Coach and his brother is part of the Mackay Cutters Squad.
- His long association with rugby league and his many contacts in the sport makes him a valuable asset to Velocity Sports.
Shaun Pyne - Athlete Manager (Rugby League)
- Successful businessman operating his own finance brokering business, Georgco Finance, on the Sunshine Coast with his wife Julie. Together they have 25 years lending experience.
- Their mortgage broking business has won several major awards over the years. These include broker group of the year 2004, 2005 & 2008, 2009. Business operator of the year 2007 &
- 2008, Champion broker 2009 and finalist Aust mortgage awards 2005, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- His love of sport has seen him sponsor many local sports teams across Qld.
- Shaun's passion is to assist young athletes succeed both on and off the field.
Scott Maguire - Consultant (Rugby League)
- Involved in Rugby League for over 25 years player & coach
- Played over 200 BRL/Queensland Cup matches and represented Queensland Residents and the Brisbane Capitols
- Current Head of Sport at Padua College in Brisbane and coach of 1st XIII
- Current Level II Coaching Accreditation for Rugby League and Rugby Union
- Coached the First XV and has chaired AIC Selection meetings for the Queensland Schoolboy Rugby Union Championships
- Currently studying a Masters of Business Administration Sports Management - Deakin University
- Bachelor of Teaching Physical Education and Bachelor of Education
Neil Appo - Indigenous Consultant (Rugby League)
- Born and raised in Innisfail where he completed an Associated Diploma of Community Services.
- Played top level rugby league and then moved in to a successful career in coaching rugby league where he built up a network of contacts.\
- Awarded a Centenary Medal in 2000 and recognised for his work with education and training in the VET sector as Manager of the Southbank Institute of TAFE in Brisbane.
- Queensland member on the National Rugby League Indigenous Council - responsible for male and female rugby league development throughout Australia.
- Held management roles in the Australian and Queensland Indigenous Under 16's Rugby League sides and the Under 18's Australian Indigenous side that toured New Zealand.
- Has an extensive network and enjoys working with youth and encouraging young Indigenous players to strive and making the most of their opportunities in life and sport.
- Heavily involved in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities throughout Queensland.